Thursday, March 19, 2009

It arrived! It arrived!

Yesterday after work I checked my mailbox and inside was a large, soft package. I immediately knew it was my KnitPicks order. Yea! Once I got inside my house I open the package to see 10 skeins of Wool of the Andes in Spruce. Here's what the website says it looks like:













The above looks blue on my work computer (shhhh... don't tell the boss...actually she's on vacation :) The actually colour is a dark green with a bit of teal mixed in. Now I can start Wicked, my second sweater. Thanks to my Secret Swap Pal for the Knit Picks gift certificate.

Except I can't really start it yet because the needles I need are currently being used to hold The Cabled Rangoli Hat. Which I haven't been working on because I've done the increase row 4 times and it's still not right. I now know what I have to do to make it correctly. But as I put the link in I noticed that the original pattern called for it to be knit in Wool of the Andes, which I knew I would never get so I cast on using the Malabrigo that was gift to me (by the secret pal above). I have lots of Wool of the Andes now, so I think I'm going to:

1) frog the hat (hopefully the Malabrigo won't get damaged in the process, I'll be very careful)

2) knit the sweater

3) use the leftover Wool of the Andes to knit the hat.

Then I'll have a matching hat (and this will make me very happy!) The sweater has to be first as I almost ran out of yarn for my first sweater and I won't run the risk of that happening again.

This means that I'll have the Malabrigo yarn free to use for somthing else. Hmm... I'll have to peruse ravelry for new ideas. Suggestions anyone?

The project that I've been working on the most recently is the Booga Bag. I'm about half way done. I recently finished a dishcloth in this pattern (ravelry link), and I liked it so much that I've started another just like it.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hey Julia! Just saw the picture of your sweater it is beautiful!