Monday, March 23, 2009

Delayed....

So it turns out I can't start my sweater as soon as I thought. The last Zephyr pattern I knit using needles .5mm smaller than the pattern called for. Wicked calls for 4.5 mm needles. I thought that I could do the same with this pattern, but when I did a swatch over the weekend I was off by around half a stitch over 2 inches in the stitch count and close to 2 rows off in the row count. I don't own the 4.5 mm needles that the pattern calls for.


I won't be buying anything for myself until after Easter. This is what I am giving up for Lent. Lent is the 40 day period before Easter. Some people mark this time by giving up something that is difficult to give up. (I have friends who have/are giving up coffee, or facebook.) This is the first year I have tried to give something up for Lent, and for me it's as much for Lent as for the purpose of saving money.

So, Wicked is on hold. I am still working on the Booga bag. I've completed 48 of60 rounds. I'm getting a little tired of it, but I'll just keep on truckin'.

No comments: