Sunday, January 4, 2009

Knitting Update

It's been awhile since I've posted about knitting here. I have no pictures to show you since my computer is still not working properly, but here's what I've been working on.

I finished a dishcloth for my sister for Christmas. It's similar to this one from ravelry.

I've worked alot of my sweater. I've knit to 11 inches past the arm holes. According to the pattern this is all the length it needs, but according to me I'll be knitting another 2 inches atleast! I also plan to put sleeves on mine. I live in "winter" (or non-summer atleast!) for 8-10 months of the year and I need sleeves to stay warm. Length and ending of sleeves to be determined. I've seen some on ravelry end sleeves in k2, p2, but I've also seen someone end in the same lace pattern at the top, which I thought looked pretty neat.

I did a small amount of work on the second slipper for my sister. The yarn that it is being worked in is not very nice to knit with so the progress is slow going. Her birthday is the end of this month so it would be nice if I can get around to finishing it soon.

Last night I cast on for this dishcloth, just for some easy knitting to do.

What I want to be knitting is the Booga bag. We did a yarn gift/exchange with the SCC knitting group for Christmas and I was gifted a bunch of 100% wool that I will use to make this felted bag.

In the "I want to knit, but have to think alot on it yet" file: I've also been thinking about starting another sweater. Perhaps the Buttony sweater. If you are on ravelry check here for Buttony sweaters knit by others. There are some cool variations you can do.

A couple weeks ago I bought some sock yarn to do some toe-up socks. I also sorted my yarn stash on Boxing Day and saw that I have a bunch of second-hand sock yarn, enough to make at least 2 more pairs!

Plus I have some wonderful Malabrigo from my swap pal that I want to knit into this hat.

All this will likely keep my busy until at least next January! So nobody show me any cute knits this year k? :)

1 comment:

Monica (aka monnibo) said...

Ooh I faved the Booga Bag on Ravelry a while ago. I love felted things but 100% wool can be so expensive!