Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Teaser Tuesdays








Grab your current read
Let the book fall open to a random page
Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
Do NOT post anything that could spoil the plot of the book!!!

This is not my current read yet, but it is next on the TBR list. Also this is not a random page. It's the page that I opened to in the store and it caught my attention and made me hungry!

"Marty cradled the phone between his neck and shoulder as he spread schmears of cream cheese on warm, crusty sesame bagels and wrapped them up in waxed paper. One ofter the other, as the businessmen and businesswoman stopped in on their way to the subway and work downtown, he fixed breakfast bagels. Many of the his customers were regulars whose faces and orders he knew by heart. His favorite customer of all time, however, was having a panic attach on the phone."

From Kate Jacobs' new book Knit Two.
I'm still reading The Red Tent, but hope to get to the above book soon!

4 comments:

Wendi said...

What a great teaser! I've been itching to find a copy of that book.

I loved the Red Tent!! I hope you have enjoyed it as much as I did.

Here's my Teaser!

Wendi

Monica (aka monnibo) said...

I'm only just getting deeply into The Friday Night Knitting Club. I dunno, I just had so much trouble getting INTO it.... and I'm still not feeling super compelled to pick it up. I'm still blog-hopping :)

blindpurls said...

I just picked up Knit Two from my favourite e-bookstore! I can't wait to finish Hal Duncan's Vellum, so I can start it. I wonder what Dakota is up to....

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie:

Since you loved KNIT TWO, I have another offer for you! Though hard to believe that it's October, you know what that means – wooly yarn and curling up with the upcoming Kate Jacobs’ book, KNIT THE SEASON!

I’m confident you’ll enjoy this loving, laugh-out-loud celebration of special times with friends and family, with a story that picks up just over a year after the end of Knit Two. If you’re interested in spending part of your holiday season with the loving and memorable Friday Night Knitting Club crew, please send me an email at lydia.hirt@us.penguingroup.com with your mailing address, and we’ll send you an advance reading copy.

Best,
Lydia Hirt