Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Secret Pal 13 Questions

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I don't like faux fur etc. I like to try new yarns that I've never used before. I like to knit using worsted weight if I can get away with it (depends on the pattern of course). When I don't know what to knit (or want to restart after a break) I always start with a cotton dishcloth.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I have a cloth needle holder that was a Christmas gift last year. I also have a small zippered pouch for stitch holders etc.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I've been knitting (on and off) for about 5 years, and I'm either an advanced beginner, or a beginning intermediate. (Make sense?) :P

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

No

5. What's your favorite scent?

Something floral.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

YES! I love sweets, anything chocolate is my favourite.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I don't spin. I used to cross-stitch, and make cards but since I've started knitting both have fallen by the way-side.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I like country, rock, and pop, but I'm not sure if my computer plays MP3. I've never tried. How can I tell?

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

I tend to like a lot of blue (or mainly the darker shades of most colours). I don't like orange though.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I'm not married, I have no kids, and no pets......unless you count dust bunnies?

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

Scarves yes, hats sometimes, mittens no, ponchos no, gloves YES.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Last year I went through a huge dishcloth faze. They're quick, easy, and instant gratification. I'm not sure I have a favourite right now.

13. What are you knitting right now?

Fingerless mitts for a friend's Christmas gift, dishcloth. (Also see 2 posts below for more info.)

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Yes, if the are practical or useful.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

I like both straight and circulars. I have just recently become a big fan of bamboo.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

No and no.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

About a year.

18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe?

I'm definitely celebrating Christmas. As a Christian it means more to me that the gift grab the stores make it out to be! My birthday is my favourite holiday....oh wait that's not a national holiday, then Christmas is my next favourite.

19. Is there anything that you collect?

Umm... maybe books? I'm trying to make my own library of "classic" books. I have Pride & Prejudge, Les Miserable, (and lots of Christian fiction, and chic lit books).

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I'm a big fan of free patterns, so ravelry is a great find for me. I don't subscribe to any magazines.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

Toe-up socks, learn to knit a sweater.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

I've knit my first sock, and though I love the warmth but it doesn't fit quite right. (I made it too big.) I hope to have better sizing on my toe up sock.

toe to heel - 9"; arch circumference - 8"; ankle - 8.5" I wear a size 7 shoe. (Canadian size)

23. When is your birthday? October 1st

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? juliabca

2 comments:

Jimmy said...

Thanks for the info!sent you an email yesterday so if you didn't get it check your spam box I never know which email boxes are gmail friendly or not. Hope you have a great day!! I look forward to finding a perfect first gift...

blindpurls said...

You joined the fun too!

As for knowing if your computer plays mp3s, if you have speakers, definitely! My favourite free player is winamp. http://www.winamp.com/ Download the file then install it and you are ready to go! If you don't have speakers or any way to get sound out of your computer than no mp3 playin' till you fix that ;-)