Saturday, November 22, 2008

Have you ever? Knitting Style

I found this on Tami's blog and thought I'd fill it out.


It is a list of knitting techniques, you are supposed to bold the ones you have tried, italicise the ones you want to try and leave the rest in plain text.



Afghan

I-cord - well, not so much want to try, but will have to try when I start to make my felted bag.

Garter stitch

Knitting with metal wire

Shawl

Stockinette stitch

Socks: top-down

Socks: toe-up

Knitting with camel yarn - Ewwww, gross!

Mittens: Cuff-up

Mittens: Tip-down

Hat - I've made one baby hat and want to make an adult hat for myself

Knitting with silk

Moebius band knitting

Participating in a KAL - sounds like a fun idea, but I doubt that I would knit fast enough.

Sweater

Drop stitch patterns

Knitting with recycled/secondhand yarn

Slip stitch patterns

Knitting with banana fiber yarn

Domino knitting

Twisted stitch patterns

Knitting with bamboo yarn

Two end knitting

Charity knitting

Knitting with soy yarn

Cardigan

Toy/doll clothing

Knitting with circular needles

Baby items

Knitting with your own hand-spun yarn - I don't spin but would use someone else's. :P

Slippers - As requested by my sister

Graffiti knitting

Continental knitting

Designing knitted garments

Cable stitch patterns

Lace patterns - I've started a lace scarf.

Publishing a knitting book

Participate in an exchange

Scarf

Teaching a child/teenager to knit - I taught my sister but she's in her 20's

American/English knitting - I hold the yarn with my right hand.

Knitting to make money

Buttonholes

Knitting with alpaca

Fair Isle knitting

Norwegian knitting

Dying with plant colors

Knitting items for a wedding

Household items - dishcloths baby!

Knitting socks (or other small tubular items) on one or two circulars

Knitting with someone else's hand-spun yarn

Knitting with dpns

Holiday related knitting

Teaching a male how to knit

Bobbles

Knitting for a living

Knitting with cotton

Knitting smocking

Dying yarn

Steeks

Knitting art

Knitting two socks on two circulars simultaneously

Felting

Knitting with wool

Textured knitting

Kitchener stitch

Knitted flowers

Purses/bags

Knitting with beads

Swatching - Sadly yes.

Long Tail CO

Entrelac

Knitting backwards - When I make a mistake, does tink-ing count?

Machine knitting

Knitting with self patterning/self striping/variegated yarn - I don't like self patterning sock yarn.

Stuffed toys

Knitting with cashmere

Darning

Jewelry

Knitting with synthetic yarn

Writing a pattern

Gloves

Intarsia

Knitting with linen

Knitting for preemies

Tubular CO

Free-form knitting

Short rows

Cuffs/fingerless mits/arm-warmers

Pillows

Knitting a pattern from an on-line knitting magazine

Rug

Knitting on a loom

Thrummed knitting

Knitting a gift

Knitting for pets

Shrug/bolero/poncho

Knitting with dog/cat hair - Ewww, gross!

Hair accessories

Knitting in public



If you post this on your blog please let me know so I can read about you!

1 comment:

Monica (aka monnibo) said...

hehe These are fun. I did one ages ago... I should do another and compare!