Thursday, November 27, 2008

Getting to know me - Christmas style

I found this on Wendy's blog and thought I'd play along.



Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends, here’s what you're supposed to do. Just copy (not forward) this entire email and paste into a new e-mail that you can send. Change all the answers so that they apply to you. Then send this to a whole bunch of people you know, INCLUDING the person that sent it to you......Tips the Season to be NICE!


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper for family, but bags for friends.

2. Real tree or Artificial? I prefer real, but will be using artificial this year.

3. When do you put up the tree? I think I'll put up the fake one tonight (or this weekend), real ones go up 2-3 weeks before Christmas.

4. When do you take the tree down? Sometime during the week after Christmas.

5. Do you like eggnog? Nope

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Not sure of my favourite, but one that stands out is a baby bed for my doll that my grandma made.

7. Hardest people to buy for? My dad (if you know how to wrap "I just want everyone to be happy" let me know.)

8. Easiest person to buy for? My sister (we both love new clothes)

9. Do you have a nativity scene? No, but I want one. Maybe this will be there year I actually buy one.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A photo album made from natural materials.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Mickey's Christmas Carol

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Hopefully in November (depends how organized I am).

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't think so.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Croquettes (dutch food item)

16. Lights on the tree? Of course!

17. Favorite Christmas song? O Little Town of Bethlehem

ETA: Where are you Christmas by Faith Hill is a great one too!

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay at home (well, mom and dad's home, it just 5 mins away).

19. Can you name all 20 of Santa's reindeer's? No

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? A star

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Never in the morning 'cause we go to church in the morning. Last year was the first year we did Christmas eve, usually it's a couple of days before Christmas.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? crazy busy malls

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Angels

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Stuffing

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? new clothes or yarn (although I don't trust my family to buy nice yarn).

26. Who is most likely to respond to this? Whoever is looking for blog fodder.

27. Who is least likely to respond to this? People who hate memes.

I hope everyone has fun decorating and preparing for Christmas in the coming weeks!

1 comment:

Monica (aka monnibo) said...

I have a pattern for a knit nativity scene... you should knit yourself one! My boyfriend's mom's cat always used to steal the wisemen.