Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A good day!

I had a really good day yesterday. As mentioned previously I won the book A Mending at the Edge from Susanne at Living to Tell the Story. I asked her to mail it to my work and yesterday it arrived in the mail! I look forward to reading it because although it is a work of historical fiction it is "based on the life of German-American Emma Agner Geisy, the only woman sent to the Oregon Territory in the 1850s to help found a communal society".

In addition yesterday I found out that I won a book from the contest at A Book Bloggers Diary. I won Sex and the City - Kiss and Tell. I'm so surprised! Alot of books were given away so I didn't know which one I was going to win (or if I was going to win at all!) While reading the give away blog I told myself that if I won the Sex and the City book I would give the it to my friend C who is a big Sex and the City fan. And now that I've won..... I want to read the book and then give it to her. hehehe

And the third great thing to happen to me yesterday was that I received my income tax refund. A cheque for $766 was delivered to my mailbox! Yeah!!

1 comment:

Monica (aka monnibo) said...

I'm so jealous!! I won one of the ones that was in the US (must have been the overall entry) and A Book Blogger said sorry you can't have it. I reeeeally wanted the Sex & the City novel. SOOO jealous! Lucky goose!!