Saturday, May 3, 2008

Books and a knitting un-update

I haven't been knitting much lately. I cast on twice for Fetching and frogged it twice as both times there was a gap between the DPNs at the starting point. Its kinda killed my knitting mojo. I'm even getting tired of knitting dishclothes. Which for me is really saying something! The SSC knitting group meets on Monday so hopefully I'll feel more like knitting afterwards.

While checking out the blogs of some readers I came across some things I wanted to share. Check this out. Pretty cool huh? Its a staircase/bookcase. I'd love to have something like that in my place ..... except I don't have any stairs, and I don't have half as many books as it would take to fill that thing! But as a reader just the thought of so many books at my fingertips is a great thought. I also love the picture of the old books he has at the top of the page. I don't have much of a book collection but what I do try to collect is some of the "classics". I have Pride and Prejudige, Les Miserable, and The Chronicles of Narnia. Granted they are soft cover books, but a girls gotta start somewhere right?

I have about4 books on my night table waiting to be read (and about 4 more at the church library that I want to read) but I thought this looked pretty neat. Book around the World challenges you to read a book about each country of the world. The story must be based in the country but not necessarily the author. I like the idea but seriously how many countries are currently in the world?

No comments: