Saturday, April 19, 2008

FO report: Mittens


Mittens
Originally uploaded by juliabca
Last night I finished the pair of mittens I started two weeks ago. These were my first project on DPNs and were really fun to make. This picture was taken a week ago when I was just finishing the first one. A picture of the finished mittens will be put on Ravelry early next week. I'm juliabca on ravelry. (Sorry to those not on yet.)

A couple of months ago I taught my sister to cast on and knit. Then last month I showed her how to cast off. Last night she came over to learn how to purl (and hang out and watch Alvin and the Chipmunks movie :) ). She is making a dishcloth that uses both kint and purl stitches. Woo hoo, we've hooked another knitter!!

I went to my LYS today and although they didn't have any of the sock yarn that was reccommended to me I bought Berroco's Sox yarn, and some Debbie Bliss cashmerino aran yarn for Fetching, which I will be starting first.

Please keep your fingers crossed for me as I will running the 10km Vancouver Sunrun tomorrow. Pray that it doesn't snow or rain tomorrow. (And think good thoughts that I'll get a good time!) Many thanks! Julia :)

No comments: