Wednesday, January 23, 2008

General Randomness and Knitting Stuff

I just got back from watching the movie "27 Dresses". I loved it. It's a cute chick flick (which just happens to be my movie type of choice!) Katherine Heigl was great. Its the first I've seen her in and I was very impressed.

On the knitting front I'm currently knitting this cowl.
http://fpea.blogspot.com/2006/12/free-pattern-friday-quickie-cowl.html
Cute huh? It only requires one skein on yarn and should be a quick knit....but I just happened choose to use Pattons Devine. It was a gift (that I totally loved) and when you feel the yarn it feels nice and soft. But knitting with it is a different story! It makes the pattern almost unrecognizable and somehow I've gotten an extra stitch for the last two rows! I'm getting frustrated with it and plan to put it aside for a while.

I have often heard other knitters complain about having too many UFOs, but I now relize the wisdom of having aleast 2 projects on the go. Now that the cowl is put away for a while I have nothing to work on. So, I'm starting a dishcloth just because they are quick and I love to knit them. I have some left over Sugar and Cream in white from the first swap I did, than I am using to knit this. http://www.geocities.com/blossomknitwear/ginghamstitchdishcloth.html?20083

Maybe I'll even work up the courage to start the sweater that I bought all the yarn for several months ago!

Best Wishes and Happy Knitting!

2 comments:

Chelle said...

Hi Julia!!! Welcome to the world of knit blogging :-D You should come over to my blog and enter into the mini-contest. I'm sure you know the answer ;-) See ya soon.

PS
Here's the link to knitpicks www.knitpicks.com

monnibo said...

http://www.bloggingbasics101.com

This will be a big help in blogging!